Curried Pumpkin Soup
1 Pumpkin (Sugar pumpkin or small baking pumpkin. You could also use a butternut squash)
1/2 or 1 Whole sweet apple (Use a green apple for a less sweet and tart soup)
Half an onion (Yellow or white)
2 C broth
1/4 Cup full fat coconut milk
2 Cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbs cooking fat/oil
1 tsp salt
1. Slice off the ends of the pumpkin, slice in half, scoop out the seeds, and bake with skin on until softened at 450℉.
2. Carefully remove the skin.
3. Add flesh to your blender.
4. Heat oil in a large skillet then toss in garlic. Once aromatic, toss in apples, salt, and Massaman Curry.
5. Cook until onions are softened then transfer everything to the blender.
6. Deglaze the pan with a bit of the broth and pour contents into the blender.
7. Add broth and coconut milk to the blender.
8. Blend ingredients until creamy and thoroughly combined. Adjust spice and salt as needed.
9. Heat to serve.