Chinese Five Spice Steak Strips
1 to 1.5 lb Thin steak, sliced into strips
3-4 Tbs Coconut aminos or soy sauce
2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Chinese Five Spice
1 Tbs + 1 tsp honey
1 Tbs Apple cider vinegar
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Garlic, minced
1 tsp Chili paste (optional)
1. Add steak slices to a Ziploc bag or large storage container with lid.
2. Add all ingredients minus 1 tsp of honey, and stir to coat.
3. Zip or put the lid on the container and shake well. Marinate for a few hours in the fridge.
4. When ready to cook, add 1-2 tsp ghee or cooking oil to a pan (cast iron if possible) then add the steak strips when hot.
5. Cook until steak is cooked through. You can add remaining marinade/spice while cooking. As liquid thickens and steak finishes cooking, turn up the heat to high and get some nice browning on the steak. Add a drizzle of honey and one splash of coconut aminos or soy sauce to finish.
6. Serve atop rice or sauteed vegetables.