Baby Eggplants with Spiced Chickpeas
2 Baby eggplants
1 Can chickpeas
2 Tbs Tahini (sesame seed butter)
Fresh herbs (parsley works well here!)
1-2 tsp Sesame seeds (optional)
1. Rinse and drain liquid from chickpeas and let sit on a towel for about 30-60 minutes. Pat dry.
2. Heat oven to 400℉. Toss chickpeas in a little oil, spice, and salt, then bake for about 30-45 minutes until crispy.
3. Meanwhile, heat the grill and cover eggplant with a little oil and salt. Place directly on the grill, puncturing with a few holes and grill for about 20 minutes, flipping regularly. If you don't want to use a grill, you can roast them until softened.
4. Take a moment and bring a dry skillet to medium heat. Toss in the sesame seeds and slightly brown them.
5. When eggplant is tender, remove from the grill, slice open like a baked potato, fill each with half the chickpeas, a pinch of salt, then tahini, and top with the toasted sesame seeds and remaining chickpeas.