Strawberry Masala Jam
Makes 1 small jar, double or triple as necessary
- 1.5 lb strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- juice from half a lemon
- 2-3 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Garam Masala
1. Begin by chopping the berries into a small dice. Toss with sugar and let sit for 20 minutes to a few hours.
2. Pour the berries + sugar into a pan on the stovetop and bring to medium-high heat, stirring regularly. Add lemon and spice.
3. The berries will cook down so continue to stir and bring to a boil. Cook for 20-40 minutes. To test, pour a little on a spoon and drag your finger through it. If it doesn't fall back onto itself, it's done, if it does, continue to reduce. Your jam should thicken, and if desired, you can use a potato masher or fork to break the berries down even further as they cook.
4. Once reduced/thickened, add to a glass jar and let cool slightly before covering. Refrigerate and enjoy on toast, crackers, pastries, even burgers or roasted meats as a glaze! You'll be amazed at how good this flavor combo can be.