Dairy Free Creamy Broccoli Soup
1 Crown of broccoli
1 Head cauliflower
3 C Chicken broth
1 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Company Shepherd Herb Mix or blend of choice
1 Tbs Olive oil plus more for roasting
Salt and pepper to taste
Granulated or powdered garlic (to taste, optional)
1. Begin by roasting the cauliflower and broccoli, chopped, with a little bit of oil for 30-40 minutes at 425℉.
2. Add about three cups of the roasted cauliflower, a handful of the broccoli, 1 Tbs oil and the garlic and spice to a blender. Set the remaining broccoli and cauliflower aside. Pour in 2 cups of the chicken broth and blend until creamy.
3. Pour the soup into a pot and add in the broccoli and cauliflower that you had set aside.
4. Blend the remaining cup of broth in the blender to get any remaining soup that is left on the sides. Pour this broth into the pot to thin the thick mixture.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve warm with croutons, bacon bits, or your favorite soup topping for some crunch.