Cool Cashew Banana Bars
- 1.5 Cups raw cashews
- 3/4 Cup almonds (or nuts of choice)
- 10 pitted dates
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1/4 Cup milk of choice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Chinese Five Spice or Garam Masala
- 1 small bread pan (I used a foil one so I could cut it to remove the bars more easily)
1. Soak cashews and pitted dates each in a small bowl with water for 1 hour.
2. When done soaking, drain, then add cashews to a blender with melted coconut oil, banana, honey, milk, spice, and blend well.
3. In a food processor, chop almonds finely into a coarse powder, pour into a bowl, then blend the dates to form a chunky paste.
4. Add date paste to the almond to create a chunky mix that you will scoop into the bottom of your pan to spread and flatten as your crust.
5. Spead into an even layer, then pour cashew banana mixture over the crust layer, and freeze overnight.
6. Cut and serve cold, or thawed slightly in the fridge.