Eggplant Rollups with Cashew Cheese, Tomato and Basil
- 1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise, about 6 pieces
- 1/2 large tomato, sliced
- 8-10 leaves fresh basil
- 1/2 Cup cashews
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb Blend
1. Add cashews to a glass, cover with water, and soak for one hour.
2. While cashews are roasting, preheat oven to 450. Coat the strips of eggplant with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and herb blend.
3. Bake on a sheet of parchment paper, a very well greased pan, or silpat baking mat for 20 mintues, flip, then cook an additional 15-20, watching to ensure that they do not overcook.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Strain cashews from the water, add to a food processer, add 1-2 tbsp water, a little at a time, and nutritional yeast, plus a pinch of salt. Blend to form a chunky "cheese"/
6. Spread the cheese on the eggplant strips, top with basil and tomato, then roll and stick a toothpick through to hold together until eating.