Eggplant Rollups with Cashew Cheese, Tomato and Basil
1 Large Eggplant, sliced lengthwise, about 6 pieces
1/2 Large tomato, sliced
8-10 Leaves fresh basil
1/2 Cup Cashews
1 Tbsp Nutritional yeast (optional)
2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb Mix
1. Add cashews to a glass, cover with water, and soak for one hour.
2. While cashews are roasting, preheat oven to 450℉. Coat the strips of eggplant with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and spices.
3. Bake on a sheet of parchment paper, a very well greased pan, or Silpat baking mat for 20 mintues, flip, then cook an additional 15-20, watching to ensure that they do not overcook.
4. Remove from oven and let cool.
5. Strain cashews from the water and add to a food processer. Add 1-2 Tbs water, a little at a time, nutritional yeast and a pinch of salt. Blend to form a chunky "cheese.”
6. Spread the cheese on the eggplant strips, top with basil and tomato, then roll and stick a toothpick through to hold together. Serve.