Turkey Tamale Casserole
2 Cups Riced cauliflower (processed in a food processor or chopped until rice sized)
1/3 Cup Almond flour
1-2 C Chopped turkey
1/4-1/2 C Shredded cheese
1/4-1/2 C Broth
1 Tbs Butter or ghee
1 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Company Tolucan Chorizo
Flour (white, or gluten free flour like Cassava)
3 Roasted tomatillo (roasted in the oven until blistered)
3 Green onions
1 Handful of fresh cilantro
1 Tbs Olive oil
1 tsp Salt
Juice of 1 lime
1, For the Tomatillo Sauce, roast the tomatillo in a hot oven, turning every 5 minutes until blistering and wilting. Add to a food processor or blender with the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend until a thick sauce is formed.
2. Combine almond flour, eggs, and cauliflower to form a thick dough. Flatten in greased pan, or on a sheet of parchment paper and bake at 350℉ for 30 minutes.
3. When crust is almost finished baking, add 1 Tbs ghee or butter to a frying pan, toss in 1 Tbs Tolucan Chorizo spice, then toss in chopped turkey. Cover with a little broth, move all turkey to one side of the pan, then add a sprinkle of flour to the broth, whisking to create a gravy. Sprinkle with a little salt, add more broth or gravy until you have a slightly thick sauce with your turkey.
4. Add turkey and Chorizo gravy to the top of your almond flour/cauliflower crust, covering evenly, then top with 1/4-1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Bake until cheese has melted.
5. Optional: Shave some angel hair cabbage to top the tomatillo sauce as a side to the casserole or scoop it directly on the casserole for a bright citrus punch.
6. Serve with some fresh cilantro, tomato, diced onion, or your choice of toppings.