Glazed Spiced Winter Squash Salad
1/2 Kabocha squash (Acorn squash will work too)
1 C Arugula
3 Tbs Pomegranate arils
2 Tbs Olive oil
1 Tbs Honey
2 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
1. Slice the squash in half, scoop out the center, then slice into 4-6 equal slices, like a crescent.
2. Coat with olive oil, salt, and sprinkle with spices.
3. Bake at 350℉ for 15 minutes, turn up the heat, flip and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
4. Once squash is cooked, heat a little oil or ghee on a large skillet and place a few pieces of squash into the frying pan.
5. Drizzle the squash with honey, then flip to reduce the honey and glaze the squash. Here you can add a spicy blend like Ethiopian Berberé, Harissa, or Perfection Spice Rub for a little heat. I used Garam Masala for a savory sweet taste.
6. After each side is coated, plate squash and sprinkle with arugula.
7. In the pan where you fried the squash, add a couple tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (I used a great blackberry ginger flavored one) and let reduce over med-low heat until a little thick.
8. Drizzle over the squash and arugula, and finally, top with pomegranate arils.