Spicy Glazed Carrots
My grandmother used to make butter and sugar glazed carrots when I was a child and I thought they were heaven on earth. Living in Vermont, we use maple syrup on everything, so I substituted maple syrup where she would have used sugar. I am not sure how she would feel about the spiciness of the Berberé in this dish, but she would love me all the same.
- 1 Lb Baby carrots
- 2 Tbs Butter
- 2 Tbs Maple syrup
- 1-2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Ethiopian Berberé
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Add the carrots and sauté for three to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. When the carrots are almost cooked to your liking, add in the maple syrup and Berberé.
4. Stir until a glaze forms on the carrots, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and serve.