Israeli Couscous Salad
This dish can be served warm or cold. The mint, lavender and lemon peel in the Shepherd Herb Mix add a wonderfully bright freshness to the couscous. Israeli couscous, also called “Pearled Couscous,” is larger and cooks more like pasta than traditional couscous.
- 2 Celery stalks, small dice
- 2 Carrots, small dice
- 1/2 Red pepper, small dice
- 1 Scallion, fine rings
- 1/4 C Cucumber, small dice
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Shepherd Herb Mix
- 1 C Israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 C Water
- Salt to taste
1. Heat 1 Tbs olive oil in small pan.
2. Add couscous and toast, stirring occasionally, for several minutes until couscous starts to brown.
3. Add Shepherd Herb Mix and water. Stir, cover and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to low and simmer until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 10 minutes.
4. If you are serving it hot, mix in the veggies, oil, lemon juice and salt to taste and serve immediately.
5. If serving as a cold dish, allow the couscous to cool prior to adding the remaining ingredients so that the veggies remain crisp and fresh.
Serve and enjoy!