Apple Potato Hash, 2 Ways
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 yam
- 1 small apple
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter, you can use butter or oil as well)
- 1 tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice (Szechuan Spice or Shepherd Herb Mix)
- Optional: honey, chopped pecans
1. Chop potato, and yam, and bring to a boil on the stove.
2. Meanwhile, dice onion and apple, and begin to fry over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of ghee, butter, or oil.
3. When potato and yams are beginning to soften, drain and add to the pan with apple and onion.
4. For a mild, herb mix, add 1 tablespoon of our Shepherd Herb Mix, and a few pinches of salt.
5. For a spicier, more exotic flavor, add 1 tablespoon of our Szechuan Spice mix. For this one, I used a little drizzle of honey as well, to sweeten and spice up the mix. I then tossed in some chopped pecans and added to the mix.
6. Let sizzle for a few minutes, flipping throughout, and serve when all ingredients are coated in spice and beginning to turn golden brown.