Apple Potato Hash, 2 Ways
1 Sweet potato
1 Small apple
1/2 Medium yellow onion
1 Tbs Ghee, butter or olive oil
Optional: Honey and/or chopped pecans
1. Chop potato and yam, put them in a pot of water and bring to a boil.
2. Meanwhile, dice onion and apple and fry over medium heat in 1 tablespoon of ghee, butter, or oil.
3. When potato and yams are beginning to soften, drain and add to the pan with apple and onion.
4. For a mild, herb mix, add 1 tablespoon of our Shepherd Herb Mix and a few pinches of salt.
5. For a spicier, more exotic flavor, add 1 tablespoon of our Szechuan Spice. If desired, add in some chopped pecans and a drizzle of honey.
6. Let sizzle for a few minutes, flipping throughout, and serve when all ingredients are coated in spice and beginning to turn golden brown.