Sweet Potato Curry
This dish can be made vegetarian by omitting the chicken, and using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
1 ½ Lb Sweet potato, 1 ½” chunks
1 Lb Cubed chicken or meatballs
2 Tbs Olive oil
15 oz Can coconut milk
1 C Chicken or vegetable broth
Salt to taste
Optional: peas, fresh mint, scallions or peanuts, chopped, for garnish
1. Cook the spices in the oil for 1 minute, stirring.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until spices are blended in well.
3. Gently simmer, partially covered, for 20 to 30 minutes. Stir occasionally, until the sweet potato is cooked through.
4. Season with salt to taste.
5. Serve alone or over rice.
6. Garnish with chopped scallions, mint, or peanuts if desired.