1/2 Bell pepper (orange, yellow, green, your choice!)
1/2 Onion of choice
2 Cloves garlic
12 oz Can of tomato sauce
Fresh herbs or microgreens to garnish
Salt to taste
1. Start by chopping the onion, pepper, and garlic into a small dice
2. Preheat the oven to 400℉.
3. Add cooking oil or ghee to an oven safe skillet (cast iron works best) and heat, then add vegetables. Cook over medium heat, sprinkling with salt and stirring occasionally until veggies are softened and mostly cooked.
4. Pour tomato sauce into the pan over the veggies then sprinkle with salt and spice.
5. When sauce has begun to slightly bubble, crack 4 eggs on top of the sauce then place (carefully) into the oven.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes if you want the egg yolks runny, and 15-20 for more well done eggs. Broil for a minute or two to brown if desired to crisp.
7. Top with fresh herbs or micro greens.
8. Scoop into bowls or onto a plate. Serve with flatbread, tortillas, or your favorite bread.