- 1/2 bell pepper (orange, yellow, green, your choice!)
- 1/2 onion of choice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 eggs
- 12 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1-2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice of Choice (I used some of our Xinjiang in the sauce, then Za'atar on the eggs as they were finishing)
- fresh herbs or microgreens to garnish
- salt to taste
1. Start by chopping the onion, pepper, and garlic (rough chops for the veggies are fine in this, but smaller ones will cook easier.)
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Add cooking oil or ghee to an oven safe skillet (cast iron works best) and heat, then add vegetables. Cook over medium heat, sprinkling with salt and stirring occasionally until veggies are softened and mostly cooked.
4. Pour tomato sauce into the pan over the veggies then sprinkle with salt and spice.
5. When sauce has begun to slightly bubble, crack 4 eggs on top of the sauce then place (carefully) into the oven.
6. Bake for 10-12 minutes if you want the egg yolks runny, and 15-20 for more well done eggs. Broil for a minute or two to brown if desired for a crisp.
7. Top with fresh herbs or microgreens.
8. Scoop into bowls or onto plate. Serve with flatbread, tortillas, or your favorite bread.