Spiced Bacon Wrapped Dates with Hazelnuts
- 1 package bacon (or as many pieces as you'd like to make)
- pitted dates, equal to the number of slices of bacon, or double the bacon slices count
- hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts, pecans, or your favorite nuts, enough to put one in each date
- Teeny Tiny Spice French Four Spice (or blend of choice)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. I like to fry my bacon slices in a skillet first, to get them halfway cooked before wrapping the dates. Ifbacon is long and thick, and could wrap around dates twice, you can cut it in half to make half slices.
3. Coat bacon with spice and a pinch of salt while cooking. A teaspoon or two should work.
3. While bacon is cooking on the skillet, stuff the dates with nuts of choice
4. When bacon is halfway cooked through, carefully remove from the skillet, let cool for a moment until it's cool enough to work with, then wrap around each date, securing with a toothpick.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes until done and crispy, making sure the bacon doesn't burn.
6. Optional: drizzle a little maple syrup or honey on the bacon for the last minute or two of baking.
7. Let cool and serve.