Slow Cooked Beans
- 1 C Great Northern Beans, dry
- 1 Lg Sweet Potato, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Ethiopian Berberé
- 2 tsp Honey
1. Place the dry beans in a pot. Add enough water to cover the beans by about 3 inches.
2. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes, cover and remove from heat. Allow to sit for 2 hours.
3. Add additional water to cover the beans by 3 inches, bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 1 hour.
4. Stir in the diced sweet potato, honey and Ethiopian Berberé.
5. Simmer, uncovered, gently stirring occasionally until the beans and sweet potato are tender.