Recado Rojo Mini Meatloafs
For about 8 small cups
1 lb Ground beef
1/2 Small onion, chopped
1/2 Red pepper, chopped
1/4 C Almond flour (or coarse flour of choice)
2 Tbs+2 tsp Yucatecan Recado Rojo
Salt, Pepper and Garlic
3 Tbs Tomato paste
1 Tbsp Honey
2 tsp Apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. In a large bowl, mix together beef, onion, red pepper, 2 tbsp Yucatecan Recado Rojo, salt, pepper, a sprinkle of garlic powder, 1 egg and 1/4 cup of a coarse flour.
3. Grease a muffin tin and scoop mixture to lightly pack each cup full.
4. Bake for 10 minutes at 350℉.
5. Meanwhile, mix 3 tbsp tomato paste, 1 tbsp honey, 2 tsp Yucatecan Recado Rojo, and 2 tsp vinegar, in a small bowl.
6.After 10 minutes of baking, brush the tomato paste mixture onto the top of each meatloaf cup.
7. Bake another 10-15 minutes until done through. The fat may be visible around the edges as it cooks out, but it won’t effect the flavor. Just brush off any large pieces after cooking.
8. Serve with some sliced avocado, cilantro, or top with your favorite salsa.