Pepper Turkey Burgers with a Smoked Harissa
- 16-20 oz. ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1-2 Tbsp of your favorite Teeny Tiny Spice blend (Herb heavy ones work well in the burger, try Shepherd Herb, Za’atar, or Montreal)
- 1 tsp salt
For the mayo:
- 4 Tbsp mayo (make your own here!)
- 1-2 tsp Teeny Tiny Harissa
- 1-2 tsp smoked paprika
1. Fire up the grill! Get the grill hot!
2. In a food processor, dice the red pepper until it is very finely chopped. You could do this by hand as well.
3. Mix turkey, red pepper, salt, and 1-2 tbsp of an herb heavy Teeny Tiny Spice in a large bowl.
4. Patty out into about 5-6 burgers, depending on size.
5. Brush grill with cooking oil to prevent sticking (see a how-to, here)
6. Grill burgers until done through. Pan frying these will work just as well!
7. Meanwhile- mix mayo with Harissa and smoked paprika.
8. When burgers are all done, top your burger with the mayo, some sliced onion, and even a sprinkle of some feta cheese.