Creamy Spiced Tomato Soup
5 Large Tomatoes, sliced into 1/4” slices or about 3 C cherry tomatoes, halved
1/3 C Coconut milk or cream
1/3 C Broth
2 Tbs Tomato paste
1 Tbs Honey
1 tsp Ghee or butter
1 tsp Salt
Pepper, garlic powder (optional, to taste)
1. On a baking sheet, paint some olive oil onto both sides of the tomatoes or if using cherry tomatoes, toss in some olive oil to coat. Roast tomatoes at 250℉ for about an hour, until starting to wilt and slightly brown.
2. Blend in a blender until smooth. Transfer tomatoes to a small pot and turn heat on low.
3. Add ghee, spices (slowly, to taste,) salt, pepper, tomato paste, honey, coconut milk, broth, and stir well.
4. You can transfer the mixture back to a blender to combine it better, or just stir well.
5. Heat to desired consistency and serve.