Asian Spicy Noodles
Using the Szechuan spiced noodles as a base, this dish can be made with meat, seafood or vegetables as additions. It can be made gluten-free by using GF soy sauce or coconut aminos.
14 oz Stir fry rice noodles
1 Tbs Sesame oil
1 Tbs Fish sauce
1 Tbs Soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 Tbs Sake
1 Bunch scallions, sliced into thin rounds
2 Tbs Raw cashews, chopped
Additions: ground beef or pork meatballs; sautéed chicken breast (small chunks or thin slices); sautéed scallops or shrimp; or sautéed julienned slices of carrot, snow peas, snap peas or whatever other vegetables suit your fancy.
1. In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, fish sauce, soy sauce, Szechuan Spice, and sake and mix well.
2. Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions.
3. While rice noodles are cooking, in a large saucepan, sauté whatever additions you decide to use and season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. When noodles are done, add them to the pan with your additions, pour the prepared sauce over top and stir until evenly coated.
5. Transfer to a large serving dish.
6. Sprinkle scallions and chopped cashews on top and serve.