Asian Chicken Satay
A fantastic sweet, salty and spicy dish that can be done on the BBQ, oven-roasted or pan seared.
1-2 Lbs Skinless & boneless chicken thigh or breast
2 Tbsp Olive oil
3 Tbs Tamari (soy sauce) or coconut aminos
4 Tbs Fish sauce
4 Tbs Brown sugar or maple syrup
1. Cut the chicken into strips.
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl to create a marinade.
3. Add the chicken to the bowl, mix to coat the meat with the marinade, and allow to marinate for at least one hour.
4. When ready to cook, place the chicken on skewers. If you are using bamboo skewers, you may want to soak them in water first to prevent them from burning.
5. Cook them for 10 to 20 minutes, turning them occasionally, basting with the remaining marinade after about 5 minutes of cooking. They can be grilled, cooked in a dry or oiled pan on the stove top over medium heat or, cooked in the oven at 400º F.
6. When the meat is cooked through, enjoy them hot or chilled.