- 1/2 pound of fresh figs
- 2/3 Cup water (divided into 1/3 cups)
- 1/3 Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Garam Masala
- juice of half a lemon
1. Remove stems then chop and dice figs. Add to a pot on the stove and turn heat to medium.
2. Add 1/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of coconut sugar, bring to a low boil.
3. Figs should begin to break down and thicken up, add lemon juice and continue to stir.
4. When most of the water has evaporated and figs and sugar have thickened, add 1/3 cup more of water and boil low until it's almost gelled.
5. Empty contents into a food processor and blend. Scrape into a jar and refrigerate when not using.