1/2 Pound of fresh figs
2/3 C Water (divided into 1/3 cups)
1/3 C Coconut sugar
Juice of half a lemon
1. Remove stems then chop and dice figs. Add to a pot on the stove and turn heat to medium.
2. Add 1/3 cup of water and 1/3 cup of coconut sugar and bring to a low boil.
3. Figs should begin to break down and thicken up as they cook. Add lemon juice and continue to stir.
4. When most of the water has evaporated and figs and sugar have thickened, add 1/3 cup more of water and boil low until it's almost gelled.
5. Remove from stove and let cool before processing. Empty contents into a food processor and blend. Scrape into a jar and refrigerate to store.