Autumn Salad (aka Thanksgiving Salad)
3-4 Cups Arugula or greens of choice
6 oz Shredded chicken or turkey (leftovers?!)
1/2 C Diced sweet potato or butternut squash
1/2 C Mushrooms
1 Small onion
1/4 C Balsamic vinegar
2 Tbs Dried cranberries
2 Tbs Pumpkin seeds or nuts of choice
1 Tbs Honey
1 tsp Ghee or oil
1. Preheat oven to 450℉.
2. Cover the sweet potato or squash with a little oil and salt then bake until browning and crisping up.
3. Meanwhile, on the stove top, add a little oil to a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms until softened.
4. Next add the onions until soft and golden, sprinkling with your spice blend of choice, cooking the mushrooms and onion until golden.
5. In a large bowl, add arugula, shredded chicken or turkey, then top with the roasted squash/potato, onion, and mushrooms.
6. Mix together and divide into two bowls.
7. In a small pot, add 2-5 Tbs balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbs honey and bring to a boil. Let this reduce until thick, then remove from heat. Drizzle over the two salads, then top with cranberries and nuts or seeds to finish.