Autumn Salad (aka Thanksgiving Salad)
- 3-4 Cups arugula or greens of choice
- 6 oz shredded chicken or turkey (leftovers?!)
- 1/2 Cup diced sweet potato or butternut squash
- 1/2 Cup mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 Cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds or nuts of choice
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb, Za'atar, or Montreal blend
- 1 tsp ghee or oil
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Cover the sweet potato or squash with a little oil and salt then bake until browning and crisping up.
3. Meanwhile, on the stove top, add a little oil to a frying pan and sauté the mushrooms until softened.
4. Next add the onions until soft and golden, sprinkling with your spice blend of choice, cooking the mushrooms and onion until golden.
5. In a large bowl, add arugula, shredded chicken or turkey, then top with the roasted squash/potato, onion, and mushrooms.
6. Mix together and divide into two bowls.
7. In a small pot, add 2-5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp honey and bring to a bowl. Let this reduce until thick, then remove from heat. Drizzle over the two salads, then top with cranberries and nuts or seeds to finish.