Baked Butternut Squash Bowl with Cauliflower Mash and Red Pepper Pesto
- 1 butternut squash end (the round bulb part, peeled and deseeded)
- olive oil
- Teeny Tiny Spice of choice
- 1 red pepper
- a small piece of parmesan cheese
- a handful of pecans or walnuts
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
1. Bake the squash bulb covered in oil and spice at 350 for 30 minutes, flip, then cook another 30 at 400 degrees.
2. Meanwhile, cook a red pepper in the oven to cook for an hour, flipping every 15 minutes.
3. While roasting, boil cauliflower until soft enough to cut with a fork and puree with broth, ghee, and more spice, in a food processor to create a cauliflower mash.
4. When the squash is done, fill with the mash, grate some cheese over the top, then baked it until the cheese was melted and bubbling.
5. While melting the cheese, take the pepper puree it with some olive oil, salt, a little cheese, and some raw pecans to create the pesto topping.
6. Top and serve.