Makes 20 balls
- 1 Cup dry lentils
- 3 oz (handful) carrots
- 1/4 of a large onion
- 6 oz cauliflower (two handfuls)
- 1 egg
- 4-5 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp cooking fat or oil
- 1-2 Tbsp flour of choice
- 1-2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Vadavan Curry
- 1-2 tsp salt
1. Bring lentils to a boil with about 4 cups of water. Let simmer for about 30 minutes until softened.
2. Meanwhile, add carrot, onion, garlic, and cauliflower to a food processor (in batches if necessary) and pulse to a small rice texture.
3. Sauté the veggie and garlic blend on the stovetop until softened.
4. Add to a large bowl and set aside.
5. Preheat oven to 350.
6. When lentils are mostly softened, drain, and add to a food processor, pulsing a few times to chop. You don't want afull on puree here, but still slightly chunky.
7. Add to the veggie mix, crack an egg and the spices over the bowl, and mix well.
8. Add flour slowly and stir.
9. Scoop with a tablespoon into the palm of your hand and toss back and forth from palm to palm to form a compact ball. Add more flour if too moist, or another egg or liquid if too dry.
10. You can add these to a greased baking sheet or into a hot skillet with oil/fat and cook for a few moments to brown before baking.
11. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, let cool slightly, then serve.