Garam Masala Fig Thumbprint Cookies
1 ¾ C Almond flour
1 Tbs Coconut flour
½ tsp Baking powder
½ C butter, softened
½ C Confectioners sugar
1 Egg yok
1 tsp Almond extract
Fig jam (or raspberry, blueberry, strawberry…)
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and confectioner’s sugar until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg yolk and almond extract.
4. Mix together the almond flour, coconut flour, Garam Masala and baking powder and add to butter mixture.
5. Form into 1 inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the baking sheet. Gently press each ball to about ½ inch high. With your thumb, press an indentation into the center of each cookie.
6. Spoon about ½ tsp of jam into the center of each cookie and bake for 10-12 minutes. They are done when they are just slightly brown around the edges.