Apple Chutney + Grilled Cheese
For the chutney:
- ¼ C Brown Sugar
- 1 C Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ Small Onion, fine dice
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Garam Masala
- ½ tsp Salt
- Zest of ¼ of a Lemon
- 8 oz. Fresh apple, stems removed and cubed
For the grilled cheese:
- bread of choice
- cheese of choice
1. In a saucepan, combine all of the ingredients except the apples.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by 2/3, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the apples and continue simmering until the apples are soft and slightly broken down, and chutney is thick - about 15 more minutes. Chop as desired.
5. Allow cooling.
To assemble the grilled cheese, butter bread slightly on one side, then on the unbuttered side, slather on a few teaspoons of chutney. Lay butter side down into a greased skillet, shred cheese over chutney, and top with the other slice of bread, butter side up. Cook, until browned and crispy on both sides and cheese, is melted.