Xinjiang Breaded Chicken
- 1 large chicken breast, butterflied, pounded thin
- 1/4-1/2 cup cooking fat (ghee works great here!)
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour (a gluten free flour easily found at most supermarkets)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Xinjiang Spice
1. Start by cutting your chicken breast in half, to create two thinner breasts. Sandwich between parchment paper and hammer with a meat cleaver to pound thin.
2. Whisk 1 egg in a large bowl.
3. In another large bowl, add tapioca flour, spice, and salt.
4. Heat the ghee or fat in a skillet over medium heat.
5. When fat is heated through, dunk the chicken pieces in the egg and let the excess run off. Next place in the flour mixture and coat on both sides before carefully placing in the frying pan.
6. Fry for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through and starting to crisp.