Spicy Eggplant Dip
- 2 Eggplants, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 Garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 Carrot, chopped
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 6 Tbs Olive oil
- 1-2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. blend of choice
- 16 oz. Chickpeas, drained, liquid preserved
- Salt to taste
1. In a roasting pan, toss the eggplant and garlic in 2 Tbs of olive oil.
2. Roast the eggplant and garlic in a 325℉ oven for 40-60 minutes until the vegetables are soft and cooked through.
3. Scoop the cooked flesh of the eggplant from its skin and place it into a blender along with the garlic.
4. Sauté the onion and carrot in 2 Tbs olive oil until tender.
5. Add spice blend to the sauté pan with the onion and carrot and cook for 1 minute.
6. Add the sautéd vegetables and spice to the blender along with 2 Tbs of olive oil, the chickpeas and 1/4 C of the reserved liquid.
7. Purée until smooth, adding more of the reserved liquid as needed to produce a smooth and creamy dip.
8. Season with salt and additional spice to taste.
9. Serve with sliced baguette, crackers or vegetables.