Spiced Fig Chutney
This chutney is densely packed with flavor. It is fantastic with a bit of cheese, accompanying a chop, steak or fowl, and even as part of an exotic “PB & Chutney” sandwich.
- ¼ C Brown Sugar
- ½ C Red Wine Vinegar
- ½ C Red Wine
- ½ Small Onion, fine dice
- 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co Garam Masala or WhoopAss
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Salt
- Zest of ¼ of a Lemon
- 8 oz. Fresh or Dried Figs , stems removed and cut into eighths
1. In a sauce pan, combine all of the ingredients except the figs.
2. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
3. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by 2/3, about 15 minutes.
4. Stir in the figs and continue simmering until the figs are soft and slightly broken down, and chutney is thick, about 15 more minutes.
5. Allow to cool.