We created this gravy with the holidays in mind, but of course, it is fabulous anytime. Rich, thick, and spicy, this gravy can also be a dish all by itself.
- 8 oz Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 1 C Red wine
- 1 C Milk
- 1-2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Vindaloo
1. Brown the mushrooms in a hot pan with 1 Tbs. of the butter.
2. When almost finished, add the Vindaloo and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Empty mushrooms into a bowl and set aside.
4. Lower the heat of the pan.
5. Add the remaining butter and allow to melt.
6. Mix the flour into the butter and stir until it becomes light brown (i.e. make a roux).
7. Whisk in the red wine until lump-free.
8. Whisk in the milk.
9. Bring to a gentle simmer.
10. Stir in the mushrooms, allow them to come back up to heat, and then serve.
11. More or less liquid can be used to change the consistency of the gravy to suit your preference.