Persian Lemon Pound Cake
- 1 C Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Persian Adwiya
- 1 C Sugar
- 1½ C Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ C Lemon Juice
1. Cream together the butter, Persian Adwiya, and sugar in a mixer with a whisk and set aside for 30’ to allow the flavors to bloom.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°
3. Butter a medium sized loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
4. In a bowl combine the flour and baking powder.
5. Beat in one egg at a time to the butter mixture.
6. Mix in the vanilla and lemon juice.
7. Add in the flour, ½ cup at a time, mixing until smooth.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 65’ to 70’, until the loaf is raised a bit in the center and/or a tester comes out dry when inserted into the middle.
9. Cool for 15’, run a knife around the sides of the pan, and de-pan.