Persian Lemon Pound Cake
1 C Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
1 C Sugar
1½ C Flour (Cassava flour for gluten free)
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ C Lemon Juice
1. Cream together the butter, Persian Adwiya, and sugar in a mixer with a whisk and set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to bloom.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. Butter a medium sized loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
4. In a bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
5. Beat in one egg at a time to the butter mixture.
6. Mix in the vanilla and lemon juice.
7. Add in the flour, ½ cup at a time, mixing until smooth.
8. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 65 to 70 minutes, until the loaf is raised a bit in the center and/or a tester comes out dry when inserted into the middle.
9. Cool for 15 minutes, run a knife around the sides of the pan, and de-pan.