Mint Berbere Salad
1 1/2 lbs Peeled, diced sweet potato or white potato
1 lb Green beans, cut in half or in thirds (about an inch long after cutting)
1/2 Large red onion
4 tsp Coconut oil melted, divided in half
Salt, garlic powder optional
Optional: blue cheese crumbles or feta
1. Preheat oven to 400℉.
2. Chop potato, coat with 2 tsp coconut oil, sprinkle with salt, garlic, and 1 1/2 tsp Ethiopian Berberé.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Allow to cool, then place in a large bowl.
4. Turn oven down to 350℉, coat beans with remaining coconut oil, Berberé, garlic and salt, and bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Let cool slightly then add to bowl with potato.
5. While your veggies are cooking, thinly slice half of a large red onion. Sauté until soft and add these to your bean and potato mix (leave raw if desired for a stronger onion flavor).
6. When ingredients have cooled, toss with a tiny bit of oil if desired, then sprinkle on finely chopped mint leaves. Mix in desired cheese and serve. Refrigerate leftovers as this is great cold.