Mint Berbere Salad
- 1.5 lbs Peeled, diced sweet potato, or a mix of your preferred spud
- 1 lb Green beans, cut in half or in 1/3s (about an inch long after cutting)
- 1/2 Large red onion
- 4 tsp Coconut oil melted, divided into 2
- 3 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Ethopian Berberé
- Salt, garlic powder optional
- Fresh mint, a few stems, your preference
- Optional: blue cheese crumbles or feta
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Chop potato, coat with 2 tsp coconut oil, sprinkle with salt, garlic, and 1.5 tsp Berberé.
3. Bake for about 20 minutes flipping halfway through. Allow to cool, then place in a large bowl.
4. Turn oven down to 350, coat beans with remaining coconut oil, Berberé, garlic, and salt, and bake for 20 minutes flipping halfway through. Let cool slightly then add to bowl with potato.
5. While your veggies are cooking, thinly slice half of a large red onion. Sauté until soft and add these to your bean and potato mix (leave raw if desired for a stinger onion flavor).
6. When ingredients have cooled, toss with a tiny bit of oil if desired, then sprinkle on finely chopped mint leaves, mix in desired cheese, and serve. Refrigerate leftovers as this is great cold.