Garam Masala Pumpkin Pie
What can make your home feel more cozy and welcoming than a crackling fire in the fireplace and the aroma of cinnamon, clove, nutmeg and ginger emanating from your freshly baked pumpkin pie? In ancient Ayurvedic texts, Garam Masala was said to be made with the spices that warm your body. This pumpkin pie is sure to warm your body and soul.
- 2 C Pumpkin Purée
- 3 Beaten Eggs
- 1 1/4 C Half & half
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3/4 C Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Garam Masala
- 9″ Pie crust round
1. Preheat oven to 350℉.
2. Place pie crust dough round into a 9″ pie plate. Trim edges to extend about a 1/2″ over the rim of the pan. Fold edges under, and press to seal. Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes.
3. Cut a large circle of parchment and fit it into the pie shell, extending over the edges. Fill the shell with pie weights or dried beans.
4. Bake pie shell 15 minutes at 350℉. Remove weights and parchment and bake 10-15 minutes more until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
5. Place pumpkin into a large bowl.
6. In a separate bowl, beat eggs well. Beat in half and half , vanilla extract, brown sugar, salt and Garam Masala until thoroughly blended. Add in the pumpkin mixture and mix well.
7. Pour pumpkin mixture into the pie shell and place in center oven rack. Bake 30-40 minutes until the filling is firm.
8. Cool completely on a wire rack and serve!