Spiced Stuffed Winter Squash with Apples
- 1 Lb Ground turkey
- 1 Tb Butter
- 2 Whole Honeynut or Acorn or other small winter squash
- 1 Tb Olive oil
- 1 Med Onion, diced
- 1-2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice Co. blend of choice
- 1 Whole Apple, diced
- 1 Stalk Celery, diced
- Optional: ¼ C currants or cranberries and/or shredded cheese
- Salt To taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Halve each squash lengthwise and scoop out seeds.
3. Melt butter in a pan.
4. Brush butter around inner rim of each squash and sprinkle ¼ tsp of whichever spice blend you are using inside each squash.
5. Place each squash half upright in a baking dish. Pour 1 C water in bottom of baking dish.
6. Bake for 50 minutes or until soft.
7. Meanwhile, sauté onions, celery and apple in oil for 3 minutes.
8. Add ground turkey, the remaining 1 Tb spice and currants or cranberries if using, and cook until turkey is lightly browned.
9. Remove squash from oven and fill each half with turkey mixture.
10. Top with shredded cheese if desired and serve.