Shredded Beef Fresca Salad
For the meat:
- 1/2 Lb US Wellness Meats Fully Cooked Shredded Beef (love keeping this in the freezer for easy meals) or pulled beef/pork of choice
- 2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Oaxacan Adobo
- 2 tsp ghee or cooking fat
For the salad:
- 6 cups lettuce of choice
- 2 sliced radish
- 3 chopped green onion
- 1 diced roma tomato
- 1 sliced avocado
- 1/4 of a cucumber, diced
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup or large handful of cilantro
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp orange juice
- drizzle of honey to desired sweetness
1. Start by preparing all of the diced veggies for the salad and add to a large bowl. Combine everything except the avocado and seeds.
2. Combine all ingredients for dressing in a jar with a lid and shake well to mix, then set aside.
3. Add ghee or cooking fat to your pan over medium heat and once hot, add 1/2 lb of the cooked shredded beef. Sprinkle with spice and a pinch of salt, then cook till hot.
4. While beef is cooking, pour dressing over salad, and combine to coat everything with the dressing. Scoop into 2 serving bowls, top with avocado and seeds, then finish with the cooked shredded beef on top.