Lamb Saag (Saag Gosht)
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1½ Lb Lamb, stew meat in 1`” chunks (you can use beef also)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Lg Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ginger, freshly grated
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice blend of your choice
- 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Garam Masala
- ¼ C Yogurt
- ½ C Tomato, crushed
- 1½ C Stock
- 10 oz Spinach, frozen or fresh (chopped)
- Salt to taste
1. In a heavy deep pan with a lid, fry the meat in butter until browned on all sides, then remove to a plate.
2. Cook the onions in the olive oil over medium heat until they are browned.
3. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add the spices and cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the yogurt, tomato and stock, scraping any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the meat to the pan, bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 1 hour.
7. Stir in the spinach and cook for 30 minutes uncovered until the sauce is at your desired consistency and the meat is tender.
8. Season with salt to taste, and serve by itself or over rice.