Creamy Za’atar Chicken Salad
4 Small Chicken breasts
2/3 C Full fat coconut milk
2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Za’atar
1 Large Bunch of kale
2 Carrots, shredded
1/2 Cucumber, 1/2 in dice
1/2 C Cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Tbs Sesame seeds
2 Tbs Raisins
1 Tbs Olive oil
2 tsp Lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mix coconut milk with 2 Tbsp of Za’atar. Place chicken breasts in the bowl, cover and marinate overnight in refrigerator.
2. When ready to cook, remove from refrigerator and transfer the chicken to a baking dish.
3. Bake chicken at 350℉ until done, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes on each side.
4. Pan finish the chicken, frying in a small amount of oil to give a light crust.
5. Massage the chopped kale with oil and lemon juice to bruise. Combine kale and chopped vegetables to make the salad. I usually do this about 30 minutes ahead of time to let the kale soften.
6. Slice finished chicken and top salad. Sprinkle with S&P, raisins, sesame seeds, and a final pinch of Za’atar.