Creamy Za’atar Chicken
- Chicken breasts (3 small breasts used for this recipe)
- 2/3 C Full fat coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Za’atar
- Large Bunch of kale
- 2 Carrots, shredded
- 1/2 Cucumber, 1/2 in dice
- 1/2 C Cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp Raisins
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a plastic bag or covered storage container, mix coconut milk with 2 Tbsp of Za’atar. Add chicken breasts and marinade over night.
2. Bake chicken at 350 until done, flipping halfway through, about 10 minutes on each sidefor thin chicken breasts.
3. Pan finish the chicken, frying in a small amount of oil to give a light crust.
4. Massage the chopped kale with oil and lemon juice to bruise. Combine kale and chopped vegetables to make the salad. I usually do this about 30 minutes ahead of time to let the kale soften.
5. Slice finished chicken, and top salad. Sprinkle with S&P, raisins, sesame seeds, and a final pinch of Za’atar.