You can adjust the heat in this chili by adding more or less of the Chocolate Chili spice as you like, so us the 2 tablespoon measurement as a starting place. The flavor of this chili is robust and heart-warming.
1 1/2 lbs Cubed beef
1 Lg Onion, chopped
1 Bottle dark beer
Water or beef broth to cover
1/2 C Crushed tomato (optional)
Salt to taste
1. Brown the beef in a sauté pan.
2. Add the onion and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add in the Chocolate Chili, stirring to combine.
4. Add the beer, crushed tomato (if using) and enough water to cover all of the ingredients.
5. Simmer until tender, adding liquid if needed to maintain a saucy consistency.
6. Add salt and additional Chocolate Chili spice blend to taste.
7. Serve over rice or with tortillas.