Thanksgiving in a Bowl
- 1 lb ground turkey breast or thighs
- 1 delicata squash
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp chopped pecans
- 1-2 Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 rib of celery (diced)
- 1 small onion (diced)
- cooking fat of choice
- 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Shepherd Herb Blend or Za'atar
1. Slice off the ends of the squash, slice in half, scoop out the seeds, and bake, skin on until browning at 450.
2. Meanwhile, in a skillet, sautéed the diced celery and onion until soft, sprinkling with salt and herbs. Set aside.
3. In a skillet, add a little cooking oil then add the ground turkey. Cook, chopping with a fork, sprinkling with a tablespoon of herb blend and salt to taste.
4. When all components are finished cooking, layer a bowl with squash, add a scoop of the celery onion mix, then top with ground herbed turkey.
5. Finally, sprinkle cranberries and pecans atop and drizzle with tahini, and honey/maple to serve.