Garam Masala Sweet Buns
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp baking powder
- juice from half a lemon
- small handful of pistachios
- small handful of raisins or currants
For the simple glaze:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- additional dried fruit and nuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or grease well.
2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs with juice of half an orange.
3. Melt coconut oil on low, stovetop, and stir into the egg and orange juice mix.
4. Slowly add baking powder, Garam Masala, and finally coconut flour and mix well.
5. Toss in raisins and chopped pistachios and form a ball of dough. It may feel a little sticky, but thats okay.
6. Break dough off into small handfuls and roll into a ball. Place onto baking sheet and press down to create the shape of the bun, as these will not rise.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until done.
8. To ice these, simply melt coconut oil and honey in a small sauce pan, mixing well. Drizzle atop buns, then sprinkle with chopped fruit and nuts. Pour an additional drizzle over the topping to secure more.