Spiced Stuffed Peppers
- 3 Lg Red, green or yellow bell pepper
- 1 Lb Ground meat (pork, beef, lamb, chicken, turkey)
- 1 Tbs Butter
- ½ C Wild mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Med Onion, finely diced
- ½ C Chevre
- 1 C Crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbs Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs Teeny Tiny Spice of choice
- Shaved fresh Parmesan over top
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. In a medium saucepan, sauté the onion in butter until translucent, about 3 minutes.
3. Add in the ground pork, spice and brown.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes.
5. Stir in the crushed tomatoes and fresh cilantro.
6. Remove from stove and stir in the chevre.
7. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed and set aside.
8. Cut the bell peppers in half lengthwise, core, de-seed and then stuff with the pork filling until slightly mounded.
9. Top with grated Parmesan.
10. Lay the peppers in a baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes, then remove the foil and cook another 10 minutes or until the top is browned and the peppers look wrinkled.