Many Teeny Tiny Spice blends can liven up a plain old side dish of rice. Use this basic recipe and then get creative by adding currants or dates or green peas and garnish with slivered almonds or chopped pistachios.
- 1 C Basmati Rice
- 1 C Water
- 1 C Broth
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 2 Tb Teeny Tiny Spice Co. spice blend of choice
- Optional: Butter and black pepper to taste
1. In a small pot, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
3. Let rest, covered, for 5 minutes.
4. Add butter and pepper to taste as you fluff the rice for serving.
If adding green peas, cook them separately and toss them in when fluffing the rice.
If adding currants or dates, you can add those to pot at the start of cooking time to cook with the rice.
Chopped nuts should be added as a garnish after cooking.