Spiced Anzac Cookies
These cookies originated in Australia and New Zealand. They were apparently sent by army wives to soldiers abroad, as the biscuits have a long shelf life. Nowadays, they are associated with the ANZAC day public holiday in January, commemorating the Gallipoli landings in WWI.
- 1 C Rolled oats
- 1 C Plain flour
- 1 C Sugar
- 3/4 C Coconut
- 1 Stick Salted Butter
- 2 Tbs Maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 Tbs Boiling water
- 2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Garam Masala
1. Combine oats, sugar, coconut, sifted flour and Garam Masala.
2. Combine butter and sweetener.
3. Stir over gentle heat until melted.
4. Mix baking soda with boiling water, add to melted butter mixture and stir into dry ingredients.
5. Drop by the teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheet, leaving room for spreading.
6. Bake at 325℉ for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Cool for a minute, then transfer to wire rack for further cooling.