Garam Masala Apple Pie Cookies
For the cookie base
- 1/4 C almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, honey, or any other sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 egg
- dash cinnamon
For the toppings
- 1 tsp coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp Teeny Tiny Spice Garam Masala
- 1 Tbsp ghee
- 1 small apple
- 1/4 C chopped nuts (pecans worked well!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and in a small bowl, combine melted ghee, 1 Tbsp coconut sugar, 1 egg, cinnamon and almond flour. Scoop this batter by the tablespoon onto a well greased baking sheet, or parchment paper. Lift the pan an inch or so above your counter surface and drop, to help spread the batter evenly, repeat until cookie shapes have formed.
2. Bake for 8-10 minutes until done. Bake longer for a crispier crust.
3. Meanwhile, in a medium sized pan, heat 1 Tbsp of ghee or butter, dice your apple, and begin to fry in the pan. Add in 1 tsp sugar, 1 tsp of garam masala and turn down to simmer. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, until apples soften and sauce thickens, uncovering for a few minutes at the end to thicken up the ghee/sugar.
4. When apples are done, transfer to a small bowl and put your nuts into the pan, coating in any leftover sauce, sugar, garam masala mix. Add a sprinkle more of each to coat and cook on low for a few minutes to roast.
5. When cookies are done baking, evenly divide the apples, topping your cookies, about 5 or so.
After nuts have roasted a bit, then cooled, sprinkle atop apples for a finishing touch.