Ras el Hanout Coconut Chicken
This recipe was given to us by a happy customer who created it for a dinner party and got rave reviews. Thanks Whitney!
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice Co. Ras el Hanout
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Lg Sweet Onion, diced
- 1 Lg Red Pepper, in long thin slices
- 3/4 C Coconut Milk
- 4 Lg Chicken Breasts, boned and skinned
- Cilantro or Parsley for garnish
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Mix flour and Ras el Hanout in ziploc bag.
3. Add chicken pieces to bag and shake gently to coat evenly.
4. In a large sauté pan with 1 Tbs of the olive oil, brown the chicken pieces and then remove them.
5. Add the remaining olive oil and sauté the onion for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add the red pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
7. Return the chicken to the pan.
8. Add the coconut milk, reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
9. Garnish with chopped Cilantro or Parsley on top
Blend 1 Tbs of the flour/spice mixture with 1 Tbs of water until smooth.
Slowly mix this blend into the chicken dish for the last 5 minutes of simmering to thicken the sauce if desired.