2 Lg Onion, diced
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Lb Ground Meat
2 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice blend of your choice
⅔ C Bread Crumbs
4 tsp Mustard
1 Jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
8 oz Cheese, shredded
Salt and Pepper to your liking
2 Bell Peppers, seeded and chopped
10 cloves Garlic, crushed
2 Jalapeños, seeded and cut into rings
1 Tbsp Teeny Tiny Spice blend of your choice
1½ C Coffee
1½ C Tomato, crushed
2 Tbsp Mustard
⅓ C Cider Vinegar
¼ C Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Fresh Herb of your choice (e.g. Basil, Parsley, Cilantro), chopped
- Preheat and oven to 450˚F.
- In a medium pan over medium heat, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and place ½ of the cooked onions into a large bowl, with the ground meat, onions, Teeny Tiny Spice blend, eggs, jalapeño, bread crumbs mustard and any desired salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly combine these ingredients, then divide into 8 parts and shape into balls about the size of a tennis ball.
- Poke your thumb into the center of the meatball, push in about an ounce of cheese and then pinch the meat back around to seal the hole.
- Place the stuffed meatballs into a roasting pan and then into the oven to cook for 25 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking, put the pan with the onions back onto medium heat, add in the bell peppers, garlic and jalapeños and cook for 10 minutes, stirring as needed to prevent burning.
- Stir in the Teeny Tiny Spice, coffee, tomato, mustard, vinegar and maple syrup, and simmer.
- Season the sauce with additional salt or spice to your taste.
- When the meatballs have cooked for 25 minutes, pull the pan from the oven, spoon the sauce over the meatballs and top with a sprinkling of cheese if you like.
- Put the pan back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Place the meatballs and sauce on a serving platter and sprinkle with chopped herbs.